Step 1 Lead-in
Review one reading strategy—skimming
Step 2 Presentation and practice
1. Present scanning
(1) What is scanning?
(2) When is scanning often used?
Step 3 practice
Scan the article on page 31 to help Millie find the answers
Step 4 Have a try
Step 5 lead-in
Match the colours with the meaning they represent.
Step 5 Practice
1. Work in pairs to talk about the woman’s clothes and moods on page 32
2. Help Millie finish the report on page
3. Structure of the passage
Step 6 Production
1. Talk about two advertisements on page 33
(What do you think of them? Are they good advertisements?)
2. Fill in the blanks ( Part B )
3. Have a discussion